There is a common saying is that watermelon is mostly water with not much else going for it. Indeed” water” is part of the name of the “watermelon”, however that doesn’t stop the fact that watermelon has the most nutrition per calorie compared to all other fruits.
WHY WATERMELON IS SO GOOD FOR YOU
Apart from tasting great, watermelon contains a large amount of vitamin C as well as L-citrulline. Watermelon contains lots of fiber, Vitamin A and B6, antioxidants and potassium. Combination of these compounds help the human body fight against diabetes, joint pain and asthma.
- Watermelon eliminates unwanted bacteria and purifies your kidneys of toxins
- Watermelon can eliminate kidney stones. A good recipe is a tablespoon of watermelon seeds, poured in boiling water. Let them steep before intake.
- Daily watermelon intake can decrease blood pressure and improve circulation of the blood in the body, due to the above mentioned amino acid (L-citrulline)
- Watermelon can counteract heart disease due to high level of vitamin C which is responsible for preventing the stiffness of the arteries that comes with age and unhealthy diet.
- Watermelon intake can clear up the liver from excess amount of ammonia, which is a good way to detoxify the body
- Its high fiber and water content makes watermelon effective against constipation
- The antioxidants in the watermelon are responsible for cancer prevention
- The high potassium and magnesium contents can help with muscle soreness and muscle recovery after a hard workout.